Do you renounce your heretic beliefs and do you wish to receive the forgiveness of the merciful Father?
In March 1244 this question was posed to several hundred Cathars. They had surrendered to the army that had besieged the castle of Montsegur for more than nine months. More than two hundred answered no, and thereby chose death by fire. Who were these people that chose to die for their belief?
In Montsegur 1244 you collaborate to create a story about who these people were. Each player takes on the role of one of the besieged Cathars who will face the choice between life and faith.
A game for 3-6 players. Duration 3-6 hours.
The 2023 revised edition includes:
- Revised game design for online play: Player sheets replace cards.
- Landscape format for best table experience.
- New illustrations by Claudia Cangini.
- 'History and Legend' appendix by Elena Melega.
- The 12 canonical characters for optimal play.
- 77 black and white pages. A4 Landscape.
- ISBN 978-91-519-8156-7